Tuesday, June 1, 2010

realization

for every spouse/gf/bf/fiance when your loved one leaves for deployment, boat duty, tdy, pcsing without you... we all come to the realization at one point after they are gone that they are gone, that it will be X number of months/weeks whatever till we see that person again. when you come to that realization everything changes. its hard to explain sicne it's actually be awhile for myself but I know when that moment hit me the last deployment my hubby did I lost it. I cried for days.. i was also pregnant but I went into this whole day which turned into a week of crying at everything, I was angry, i was hurt, I felt soooooo alone even though I had family and my daughter. I know that moment didn't hit me until we were a month into the 15 month deployment. I then started counting down to R&R and after that I started counting down to homecoming day. there were days taht I needed a glass of wine, a good book and a hot bath... oh trust me there were a ton of those days... lol. we all have them during a deployment and time spent apart. but remember it could be worse and think of the good times and find something to be excited about...

No comments:

Post a Comment